Readers of a certain age will immediately recognize this old school gospel classic from Vanessa Bell Armstrong, “Shine on me”. The rousing, inspirational hit doubled as the theme song for the ‘Way Black When’ comedy series, “Amen.” I don’t know about you, but I still shout when I hear this one! Click here to listen and praise!!
Ask a Woman Who Knows
Ask a Woman Who Knows
Girls Flying Solo on Flickr
CategoriesArts & Entertainment ChickLit * - Check Out The Short Stories Diary of a Mad Sketch Artist (Milli's Ink) Girlie Stuff Girls Flying Solo - Travel Good Eats It's A Woman's World Just for Fun Music Lounge My Favorite Things Romance and Love Style / Fashion Uncategorized Vintage Cravings Water Cooler What Matters Most
- ‘Round Midnight Standards: Nora Jones (with Wynton Marsalis) – ‘You Don’t Know Me’
- Just Because It’s A Beautiful Wednesday!
- ‘It Ends Today': Remembering Mr. Eric Garner and His Tragic Loss of Life
- Maddie and Tae’s ‘Girl In A Country Song’ Hits a Fresh Note On Many Levels
- Love, Life and Dorothy Parker’s “Indian Summer”
- A New Day With Brian McKnight’s ‘One Last Cry’
- Sunday Night Musings: On Lizzie Miles and ‘A Good Man Is Hard To Find’
- ‘Round Midnight Music: ‘My Daddy Rocks Me’ – Trixie Smith
- Say It Loud – Black, White and Brown: Happy Independence Day from Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings
- Ahhh…Something About ‘The Boy From New York City’ – Manhattan Transfers
- July 2, 2014 Marks the 50th Anniversary of the Signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Double Shot: Lessons In Leadership From Four-Star Navy Admiral Michelle Howard
- Say It Loud: Four-Star Navy Admiral Michelle Howard, You’ve Made Us PROUD!
- ‘Smile’ ~ Wishing You A Beautiful Week!
- Sunday Kind of Love: In the Wind with Akua Allrich’s “Hard to Get”
- Facebook: I’ll Bet You Think This Post Is About You…
- ‘If You Think You’re Lonely Now': Farewell to the Great Bobby Womack
- ‘Round Midnight Music for a Dark and Stormy Night: Chico’s Debarge’s ‘Rainy Night’
- Web Quickies: Starting The Week With Prince’s Seven-Word Love Story
- Enjoying A Sizzling, Summer Night With Ella Fitzgerald On Cole Porter’s ‘It’s Too Darn Hot!’